Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Videotape My Birth? No Way!


Videotape My Birth? No Way!

I saved the Lights! Camera! Action! for AFTER the birth

Submitted by Jessica McFadden 

 
Videotaping in the delivery room may be a way for some parents to document and preserve the moment when they first laid eyes on their baby.

But a movie of my private bits, grunts and pushes and other gross childbirth stuff was not on my birth plan. I wanted my husband to be focused on supporting me, not getting a good shot. And I didn't want another friend or family member in the delivery room...let alone working as a cameraman!

But after my kids were happily out of the birth canal, crying and pronounced healthy, then we grabbed our Flip cam and filmed our beautiful babies. The video we have of our kids being weighed and cleaned and meeting mommy and daddy are VERY precious to us. Once the babies were in my arms (and my tangled hair was brushed!), I totally let my husband preserve those memories.

But those areas of my bod that my bikini bottoms cover definitely DID NOT make an appearance on film!

No comments:

Post a Comment